grandmom & granddad

We all decided that, while Grandmom and Granddad are always with us, once a year we'd take a moment and honor their memory by donating to a different charity.
We are honoring them every year in August because it was Granddad's birthday, the anniversary of when Grandmom left us all, and we all still have our tans from the island - a place that was so close to their hearts, I swear the house still smells like they're there.
This year, Kelsey suggested we donate to Pancreatic Cancer Research at John Hopkins. We all remember when Granddad was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer and told he had a few months left. In true Granddad fashion, he did things on his own terms, battling the cancer for a few long years. We hope that our donation will help find new treatments and ultimately a cure so that other families will have more time with their loved ones.
We love and miss them both.

4 comments:

  1. Mom and I really appreciate your generosity and remembering your grandparents.
    There are lots of things that still remind Mom and I of them every day. WE are glad to know you children still remember them as well.
    Love Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. very wonderful note Scott!! Thanks!! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
  3. INCREDIBLE``
    God, I love you guys. (my)Mom and Dad were so proud of you all when you were little, and you are all becoming and have become adults they would be even more proud of.

    THANK YOU!!

    MOM

    ReplyDelete